Sharing Sacred Spaces
Building community through transformational encounter
We are rebuilding our society with intention, and with justice, compassion, and peace as its foundation.
- Wed, Dec 06ZoomDec 06, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM ESTZoomJoin Dr. Michael Crosbie, Dr. Vanessa Avery, and award-winning guests for discussions on how architecture can broaden perspectives and offer insight into dynamics of peacebuilding and understanding across difference.
- Thu, Dec 07ZoomDec 07, 2023, 12:00 PM – 12:50 PM ESTZoomLearn the principles of belonging and put them into practice! Join me for this hour where we'll look at the core take-aways from the Belonging summit and create a plan for realizing them in our environments and our lives.
- Sun, Jan 285300 Ox Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22030Jan 28, 2024, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM EST5300 Ox Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22030Explore the sacred space and architecture of this gorgeous Buddhist Temple. Come learn about this community's lineage and practice, principles, and join with us for dialogue, and a delicious meal. In the DC or Northern Virginia area? Come and meet your neighbors!
- Sun, Feb 112100 Westmoreland St., Falls Church, VA 22043Feb 11, 2024, 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM EST2100 Westmoreland St., Falls Church, VA 22043Explore the sacred space and architecture of this gorgeous synagogue. Come learn about this Jewish community's interesting history, members' spiritual journeys, and partake in dialogue and a delicious dinner. In the DC or Northern Virginia area? Come and meet your neighbors!
- Sun, Dec 03Masjid Muhammad - The Nation's MosqueDec 03, 2023, 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM ESTMasjid Muhammad - The Nation's Mosque, 1519 4th St NW, Washington, DC 20001Explore the sacred space and architecture of this historic and iconic Islamic Mosque in Washington DC. Come learn about this community's faith, history, and join in the dialogue, and a delicious dinner. Come and meet your neighbors!
Sharing Sacred Spaces is a community-building organization that brings people together across difference through the medium of architecture or space. Communities inhabit and find meaning in space. And it is the space—entering the space—where we begin to be able to really hear one another's stories, beliefs, and values. It is through sharing "sacred" spaces where we develop compassion and a new, broadened, view. It is where we begin to understand the spectrum of being human in all its fullness.